Friday, October 22, 2010

Scariest Moment of my LIFE

HOLY CRAP, SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE

Kay, so I was just outside, walking my Chihuahua (or rather, standing in one place, yelling “GO TO THE BATHROOM!” very impatiently.)
(That’s how pretty I looked today.) So I’m just standing there, minding my own business, verbally harassing my dog as he’s attempting to find a spot to pee, and all of a sudden… BOOM! Out of nowhere, a HUGE leaf just nails me RIGHT in the face. And this was no ordinary leaf. It was GIGANTIC.
It was quite terrifying, actually. So don't laugh. I was scared for my life for just a second there. It's like this... Imagine you're just sitting in your room, eating a taco, daydreaming about the future, where you take over the world single-handedly (well, sort of. It's a robot hand, so you can shoot lazers and fire out of it, and it can turn into a chainsaw, or whatever. No big deal.) All of a sudden, out of NOWHERE, a MASSIVE leaf attacks your face. So of course, you're going to think, "OH MY GOD, WHAT'S HAPPENING, AND WHY THE HELL IS THERE A LEAF FALLING FROM THE SKY WHEN I'M IN MY ROOM?!? WHERE DID MY ROOF GO?!" You'd be pretty terrified. So it's like that, only I wasn't eating a taco, and I wasn't in my room... and there was no roof... and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to miraculously grow a robot hand that can sporadically turn into a chainsaw... although things would have been exponentially better if I could. I could have chainsawed the shit out of that leaf. But whatever. I was terrified.


So it took me a good 8 seconds or so after it hit me to figure out what just happened. I mean, I guess I should have figured it out... It was windy. It's Fall (the time of year where all the trees decide to get naked... except for conifers... they're shy.) Wind+Fall=Leaves Plummeting Out of the Sky and Onto My Face. I wasn't immediately able to figure that out, though, so I stood there paralyzed in fear for about 5 seconds before realizing that I wasn't going to die.

It was an interesting experience, to say in the least. So I'm pretty sure that my neighbors think I'm insane. I might spend the rest of Fall in my house, going insane, just to avoid being nailed by giant leaves.

UPDATE: Told a few people about this later... Got laughed at by every single one. Yup. That's cool...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are officially my counterpart. I am afraid of water fountain noises. And deranged bunny rabbits. And giant scary leaves.